Friday, 25 January 2013

DIY Tie-Dye Tee

My creative, considerate, crazy smart sister made me an awesome tee for Christmas this year and I wore it an alarming number of times before I washed it - tragically I managed to wreck it by washing the tee with a pair of new jeans...
In a desperate attempt to gain back my treasured item, we spent an evening trying to repeat the process - I got a ton of compliments about the top and She inspired me to lug my heavy camera across the country to document the whole thing. So here's how to make a tie-dye tee.
 The necklaces I'm wearing are from Dorothy Perkins in the sale - they both cost £1-2 each, amazing


 Note - if you want the colours to appear more vivid, leave the dye in longer and make up a stronger concentration of dye. I used Dylon Flamingo pinkSunflower Yellow and Intense Violet fabric dye. Each packet could dye several items so its worth dying several things to avoid waste.




4 comments:

  1. If you are the fan of fashion leather bags, you will absolutely love latest fashion style leather tote bags with best quality genuien leather material and those designer tote bags are located in http://leather-tote-bags.webs.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! I am going to try this:)
    Please do check out my blog and maybe follow if you like it x

    http://crystalcosmicchic.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the color of your dress. I will try it as well/

    Check out my blog site here
    http://www.luxuryinagift.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. did the shirt's coloring go lighter after you put it in the wash? i really like the way yours turned out :)

    ReplyDelete